Image Map

Thursday 1 May 2014

Anniversary anticipation

Just a quickie post today, because I am running around like the proverbial headless chicken getting the house, myself, husband and children organised ready for Mr and I to set off on a night away in the Big Smoke. It's our anniversary tomorrow (11 years - count 'em!) and since we were living there when we got engaged we thought it would be great to spend a bit of time in our city of love - London.

The restaurants are booked:

Here for lunch

Polpo

And here for dinner

Berners Tavern

I have a little shopping planned (shocker, I know!), a lot of food and drink and as much culture as we can squeeze in. I want to get along to the David Bailey exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery and I did want to see the (sold out - grrrr) Matisse exhibition at Tate Modern, but might have to make do with the glorious surroundings of the V&A instead.

The dinner outfit has been chosen


I went for my beautiful vintage silk Winter Kate maxi dress with some incredible Jean-Michel Cazabat shoes. They are impossibly high, but since the restaurant is in the hotel I barely have to walk in them - room to lift, lift to bar, bar to table, back to bar, back to lift, bed. Let's call them 'elevator shoes'. But look how beautiful...soft black suede and silvered snakeskin. Divine.

Find similar here and here
I'm so excited. Expect instagram food pics galore and I'll try and put together a hotel review of The London Edition soon too. London, I'm coming home!

Oh, and a quick aside - my eyelashes are going to be fluttering wildly across that beautifully lit dinner table at my wonderful husband. Debenhams are selling Lancome's award winning Hypnose mascaras (the whole range, full size) for only £10 all day today to celebrate it's 10th birthday. £10! They usually cost £22. Typically, I bought two thereby saving nothing. But if you are quick and can hotfoot it down to a Debenhams before closing time, or if there are any left online then you could get the best mascara ever for the price of a drugstore one. Quick! Run!

Lancome Hypnose mascara at Debenhams





No comments:

Post a Comment