Image Map

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Roasted roots and skater boots


Last night's dinner was delish. I originally got it from the Goop winter detox recipes and have been making it lots. I'm not on a detox, I just want to eat this. All the time. It's so simple - just a pile of roasted root vegetables (I used
beetroot, parsnips and carrots but you could use any combination - baby veggies would be particularly lovely) sat on a pile of green leaves. It's all about that dressing which is sweet and salty and malty and nutty and just...mmmmm. My fascination with Ms Paltrow is well documented and this has made me fall in girl-crush love with her all over again.

Balsamic-Miso Dressing

2tbsps sweet white miso
2tbsps toasted sesame oil
2tbsps good balsamic vinegar
2tbsps white balsamic

whisk all the ingredients together to make enough dressing for 4 (or 2 greedy people like us!)


I have also fallen a little bit in love with the idea of a luxe skate shoe for Spring. They are everywhere from ASOS own brands for £25 all the way up to MSGM and Mother of Pearl at Harvey Nichols for £250 plus. I have narrowed my own personal selection down to some more mid-priced pairs and quite the gorgeous little numbers they are too.


Clockwise from top left: Ash Jungle Bis Safari @ My-Wardrobe - £89;
Sam Edelman @ Harvey Nichols - £135; Hush - £85; Elia B @ Baukjen - £115

I just don't know which ones I love best - gold or cheetah, studded or leopard - I need your help! Yeah, I know - First World Problems....

No comments:

Post a Comment