Image Map

Sunday 9 March 2014

My Mum....a tribute

Today is a tough day. Two years ago, on March 9th 2012 my beloved, beautiful Mum died very suddenly. I miss her every minute of every day, but every year this date looms in the diary and it's so hard to know how best to get through it.
So this morning we took the children to visit her grave and they searched for fairies under 'Nonna's Tree' while we poured prosecco onto her resting spot, crying and laughing and sharing memories. She was a true blithe spirit my Mother, totally embracing of everyone and everything and each day I strive to live with just a fraction of the generosity of spirit with which she imbued everything. She had an effortless grace and growing up I thought she was simply the most beautiful woman to walk the earth. Now that I have grown-up, I still don't think I was far off. So this is a tribute to Wendy, the original Wren of this blog's title, whose nest was the warmest of places, and who was and always will be my first style icon. A goddess amongst us mere mortals. My wonderful Mum.

 




Today I am listening to....

Something In The Way She Moves by James Taylor
April, Come She Will by Simon & Garfunkel
If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out by Cat Stevens
Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles

...and wishing she was here singing along with me. xxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment