Image Map

Thursday 30 January 2014

15 Minute Face



I adore make-up. I have loved make-up since I was about 7 years old and first sat at my mother's dressing table playing with her jars of Estee Lauder and her Lancome lipsticks. I have a lot of make-up. I mean - drawers full of the stuff. And yet as I hastily applied my school-run face this morning, it occurred to me that
in spite of all the choice I have, I reach for the same products every day. When I only have 10-15 minutes to spare these are the star products I keep coming back to. Some I have been using for years, some others relatively new discoveries but they have all become my saviours when I need a '15 minute face'. So I thought I'd share them with you.

Base


L-R Rodial BB Venom Skin Tint, L'Oreal Paris True Match
Concealer, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage powder.
                                             
My base of choice is an amazing new find - Rodial BB Venom Skin Tint (shade Capri). I have tried several BB/ CC creams and have generally been pretty non-plussed. I have found them to be too light on the coverage side as I have a few pigmentation marks and anything too sheer does nothing to enhance my complexion. But this stuff is brilliant. It has SPF 15 in it, is a perfect colour match for me, and gives great medium coverage whilst making my skin appear plump and fresh (something to do with peptides, apparently). I use this every day without any need for extra foundation. Brilliant. My new must have 'hero' product.

My current concealer of choice is a cheapy (yay!) - L'Oreal True Match Concealer (shade Beige). This is as good as any of the more (some of them VERY) expensive concealers I've tried. Great coverage, excellent colour match and easy to apply (it has it's own built-in sponge applicator). I still love Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage too, but the budget just can't always stretch to £26 a pop, can it? This is a fab budget buy.

I always have to leave room in the budget for Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, though. This super sheer powder gives a mattifying effect without deadening and flattening the appearance of the the skin and sets make-up all day. My perfect face powder.

Cheeks


Nars Blush in Orgasm

I simply cannot live without this blusher - Nars Blusher in Orgasm. It looks a bit scary in the picture, but gives the most beautiful peachy-pink flush. Very lovely and suits everyone. If my skin is in particularly good shape and I can forgo face powder then I also love Mac's Creme Blend Blush in Ladyblush which gives a gorgeous soft pink glow.

MAC Creme Blend Blush in Ladyblush

Eyes

From bottom: MAC Powerpoint,  Max Factor Mascara, MAC Eyeshadow, bareMinerals  Prime Time
MAC Eyeshadow in Patina (Frost)


On the eyes, I simply apply creamy pearl bareMinerals Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer to my lids which gives a lovely, subtle sheer shimmer base. I then use MAC frost eyeshadow in Patina which is hands down my favourite ever eyeshadow shade. As the name suggests, it is a gorgeous aged gold colour - a taupey shimmer. It is so hard to describe but is just beautiful. I then add some of MAC's Powerpoint eye pencil in Bordeauxline to the lash line. Followed by an eyelash curl and one coat of Max Factor Eye Brightening Mascara For Blue Eyes. This lengthens my rather stubby lashes beautifully and really makes blue eyes pop. I haven't photographed it, but if I have time I always fill in my brows with Clinique superfine liner for brows in 02 Soft Brown.

Lips



Another new discovery here, but one that's a real keeper. After moisturising my lips with Origins Lip Remedy (the only lip balm that actually works in my opinion) I slick on some Clinique Chubby Stick in 08 Graped Up. This is a lovely sheer, slightly plummy nude. Like my lips - but so much better. My perfect everyday lip colour.


The finished look. One in bedroom light, the second in the rather more unflattering and flaw-highlighting bathroom light. So there you have it - my fifteen minute face. I'm ready to face the world. Thank God for the gift of make-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment